Press Releases - 2017
Media Contact: email@example.com
Mon, Mar 20, 2017
Mellanox Introduces New 100Gb/s Silicon Photonics Optical Engine Product Line
Solutions Extend Options for Hyperscale, Enterprise, Storage and HPC Data Centers
SUNNYVALE, CA and YOKNEAM, ISRAEL – MARCH 20, 2017 –
Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end smart interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today introduced a new line of 100Gb/s silicon photonics components to serve the growing demand of hyperscale Web 2.0 and cloud optical interconnects. The new product line provides module makers with access to a fully qualified portfolio of silicon photonics components and optical engine subassemblies.
“Our customers can now achieve significant time to market advantages for embedded modules and transceivers by using fully-qualified, and cost-effective silicon photonics component and chip sets,” said Amir Prescher, senior vice president of business development and general manager of the interconnect business at Mellanox. “PSM4 represents the highest volume, most cost effective and flexible building blocks for 100Gb/s for single mode fiber transceivers for data center applications. End customers benefit by having more supplier options and Mellanox benefits by scaling our high-volume silicon photonics products.”
Specifically, Mellanox is announcing the immediate availability of:
- 100Gb/s PSM4 silicon photonics 1550nm transmitter, with flip-chip bonded DFB lasers with attached 1m. fiber pigtail for reaches of 2km
- 100Gb/s PSM4 silicon photonics 1550nm transmitter, with flip-chip bonded DFB lasers with attached fiber stub for connectorized transceivers with reaches of 2km
- Low-power 100Gb/s (4x25G) modulator driver IC
- 100Gb/s PSM4 silicon photonics 1310 and 1550nm receiver array with 1m fiber pigtail
- 100Gb/s PSM4 silicon photonics 1310 and 1550 receiver array for connectorized transceivers
- Low-power 100Gb/s (4x25G) trans-impedance amplifier IC
- Live 200Gb/s silicon photonics demonstration
- Spectrum SN2700, SN2410 and SN2100 100Gb/s QSFP28/ SFP28 switches
- ConnectX®-4 and ConnectX-5 25G/50G/100Gb/s QSFP28/SFP28 network adapters
- LinkX™ 25G/50G/100Gb/s DAC & AOC cables and 100G SR4 & PSM4 transceivers
- New Quantum switches with 40 ports of 200Gb/s QSFP28 in 1RUchassis
- New ConnectX-6 adapters with two ports of 200Gb/s QSFP28
- Silicon Photonics Optical engines and components
- Learn more about: LinkX cables and transceivers
- Learn more about: Mellanox’s complete 100GbE Switches and Adapter solutions
- Learn more about: 100G SR4 transceivers
- Learn more about: Mellanox 100G PSM4 transceivers
- Follow Mellanox on: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
These components are fully qualified for use in low-cost, electronics-style packaging, ensuring a low-risk, quick time to market advantage. Because the Mellanox silicon photonics platform eliminates the need for complex optical alignment of lenses, isolators, and laser subassemblies, customers can scale to high volume manufacturing easier and faster than traditional technologies.
Recently, Mellanox announced that it has shipped more 100,000 Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cables and more 200,000 optical transceiver modules for 100Gb/s networks, confirming the market demand and high volume manufacturing leadership for 100Gb/s interconnect products.
Mellanox will be exhibiting at the Optical Fiber Conference (OFC), March 21-23, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA, booth no. 3715. Mellanox will be showcasing live demonstrations of its 100Gb/s end-to-end switching, network adapter and copper and optical cables and transceivers solutions, including:
At OFC, the Company will also be demonstrating interoperability of the Mellanox Silicon Photonics 100Gb/s PSM4 with Innolight, AOI, Oclaro, and Hisense transceivers in both the Mellanox booth and in the adjacent Ethernet Alliance booth, no. 1709.
Mellanox Technologies (NASDAQ: MLNX) is a leading supplier of end-to-end Ethernet and InfiniBand intelligent interconnect solutions and services for servers, storage, and hyper-converged infrastructure. Mellanox intelligent interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance. Mellanox offers a choice of high performance solutions: network and multicore processors, network adapters, switches, cables, software and silicon, that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage, network security, telecom and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
# # #
Note: Mellanox and Connect X are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. LinkX is a trademark of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.