Ethernet Cards - Overview
Mellanox 10/25/40/50/56/100/200GbE Converged Network Adapters
Mellanox continues its leadership in providing high-performance networking technologies by delivering superior utilization and scaling in ConnectX®-6 EN 10/25/40/50/56/100/200GbE adapters, enabling data centers to do more with less.
Learn more about Ethernet technology.
Mellanox ConnectX®-6 Single/Dual-Port Adapters supporting 200Gb/s
ConnectX-6 is the world's first 200Gb/s Ethernet network adapter card, offering world-leading performance, smart offloads and In-Network Computing, leading to the highest return on investment for Cloud, Web 2.0, Big Data, Storage and Machine Learning applications.
ConnectX-6 EN provides two ports of 200Gb/s for Ethernet connectivity, sub-600 ns latency and 200 million messages per second, enabling the highest performance and most flexible solution for the most demanding data center applications.
Mellanox ConnectX®-5 Single/Dual-Port Adapters supporting 100Gb/s
Intelligent ConnectX-5 EN adapter cards introduce new acceleration engines for maximizing High Performance, Web 2.0, Cloud, Data Analytics and Storage platforms.
ConnectX-5 supports two ports of 100Gb/s Ethernet connectivity, sub-700 nanosecond latency, and very high message rate, plus PCIe switch and NVMe over Fabric offloads, providing the highest performance and most flexible solution for the most demanding applications and markets.
Mellanox ConnectX®-4 Single/Dual-Port Adapters supporting 100Gb/s
ConnectX-4 adapters support 100Gb/s Ethernet connectivity, and provide the highest performance and most flexible solution for high-performance, Web 2.0, Cloud, data analytics, database, and storage platforms.
ConnectX-4 adapters provide an unmatched combination of 100Gb/s bandwidth in a single port, the lowest available latency, 150 million messages per second and application hardware offloads, addressing both today's and the next generation's compute and storage data center demands.
Mellanox ConnectX®-4 Lx EN 10/25/40/50 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Cards supporting RDMA, Overlay Networks Encapsulation/Decapsulation and more
ConnectX-4 Lx EN provides an unmatched
combination of 10, 25, 40, and 50GbE bandwidth,
sub-microsecond latency and a 75 million packets
per second message rate. It includes native
hardware support for RDMA over Converged
Ethernet, Ethernet stateless offload engines,
Overlay Networks,and GPUDirect® Technology.
ConnectX-4 Lx offers the best cost effective Ethernet adapter solution for 10, 25, 40 and 50Gb/s Ethernet speeds, enabling seamless networking, clustering, or storage. The adapter reduces application runtime, and offers the flexibility and scalability to make infrastructure run as efficiently and productively as possible.
Mellanox ConnectX®-3 Pro Single/Dual-Port Adapters
ConnectX-3 Pro 10/40/56GbE adapter cards with hardware offload engines to Overlay Networks ("Tunneling"), provide the highest performing and most flexible interconnect solution for PCI Express Gen3 servers used in public and private clouds, enterprise data centers, and high performance computing.
World-Class Ethernet Performance
Mellanox Ethernet adapters utilizing IBTA RoCE technology provide efficient RDMA services, delivering high performance to bandwidth and latency sensitive applications. With link-level interoperability in existing Ethernet infrastructure, Network Administrators can leverage existing data center fabric management solutions.
Applications utilizing TCP/UDP/IP transport can achieve industry-leading throughput over 10/40/56GbE. The hardware-based stateless offload and flow steering engines in Mellanox adapters reduce the CPU overhead of IP packet transport, freeing more processor cycles to work on the application. Sockets acceleration software further increases performance for latency sensitive applications.
Mellanox Ethernet adapters utilizing Virtual Intelligent Queuing (Virtual-IQ) technology with SR-IOV provides dedicated adapter resources and guaranteed isolation and protection for virtual machines (VM) within the server. Mellanox adapters gives data center managers better server utilization and LAN and SAN unification while reducing cost, power, and cable complexity.
Quality of Service
Resource allocation per application or per VM is provided and protected by the advanced QoS supported by Mellanox adapters. Service levels for multiple traffic types can be based on IETF DiffServ or IEEE 802.1p/Q, along with the DCB enhancements, allowing system administrators to prioritize traffic by application, virtual machine, or protocol. This powerful combination of QoS and prioritization provides the ultimate fine-grain control of traffic – ensuring that applications run smoothly in today's complex environment.
All Mellanox adapters are supported by a full suite of software drivers for Microsoft Windows, Linux distributions, VMware and Citrix XenServer. The adapters support stateless offload and is fully interoperable with standard TCP/UDP/IP stacks. The adapters support various management interfaces and has a rich set of configuring and management tools across operating systems.
*Features Include Stateless Offload, Priority Flow Control, SR-IOV
- Financial institutions utilizing high frequency trading or data exchange applications require low latency fabrics. Mellanox Ethernet adapters deliver low latency Sockets and RDMA solutions for the ultimate in application performance.
- Web 2.0 and cloud service providers need high bandwidth and CPU offloads to get the highest productivity from their data centers. Mellanox Ethernet adapters support up to 200Gb/s and RoCE for data center efficiency and scalability.
- Data centers deploying virtualized servers see higher demands on the I/O infrastructure. With support for 10/25/40/50/56/100/200Gb/s, Mellanox adapters can satisfy the bandwidth demands of a virtualized environment. And with backwards compatibility, the 40/56/100/200GbE cards can be deployed in 10GbE fabrics giving IT managers an upgrade migration path up to 200GbE.
- Industry-leading throughput and latency performance
- Enabling I/O consolidation by supporting TCP/IP and RDMA over Ethernet transport protocols on a single adapter
- Improved productivity and efficiency
- Supports industry-standard SR-IO Virtualization technology and delivers VM protection and granular levels of I/O services to applications
- High-availability and high-performance for data center networking
- Software compatible with standard TCP/UDP/IP and iSCSI stacks
- High level silicon integration and no external memory design provides low power, low cost and high reliability
- Web 2.0 data centers and cloud computing
- Low latency financial services
- Data center virtualization
- I/O consolidation (single unified wire for networking, storage and clustering)
- Video streaming
- Enterprise data center applications
- Accelerating back-up and restore operations
|Ordering Part No.||Speed||Ports||Connectors||ASIC & PCI Dev ID||PCI||Lanes|
|Mellanox ConnectX®-5 EN|
|MCX515A-CDAT*||100GbE||1||QSFP28||ConnectX®-5||PCIe 3.0 / 4.0||x16|
|MCX516A-CDAT||100GbE||2||QSFP28||ConnectX®-5||PCIe 3.0 / 4.0||x16|
|Mellanox ConnectX®-4 EN|
|Mellanox ConnectX®-4 Lx Adapter Cards|
|MCX4111A-XCAT||10GbE||1||SFP28||ConnectX®-4 Lx EN||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX4121A-XCAT||10GbE||2||SFP28||ConnectX®-4 Lx EN||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX4111A-ACAT||25GbE||1||SFP28||ConnectX®-4 Lx EN||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX4121A-ACAT||25GbE||2||SFP28||ConnectX®-4 Lx EN||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX4131A-BCAT||40GbE||1||QSFP28||ConnectX®-4 Lx EN||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX4131A-GCAT||50GbE||1||QSFP28||ConnectX®-4 Lx EN||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|Mellanox ConnectX®-3 Pro EN Adapter Cards|
|MCX311A-XCCT||10GbE||1||SFP+||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX312B-XCCT||10GbE||2||SFP+||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX313A-BCCT||40/56GbE||1||QSFP||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX314A-BCCT||40/56GbE||2||QSFP||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
*Contact Mellanox for availability.